FAQs - Be an Au Pair or Nanny overseas

How much Childcare Experience do I need to Au Pair or Nanny Overseas?

You do not need formal qualifications or childcare experience as such, just proof that you have looked after children as a babysitter, homework helper or as part of a group such as scouting, as a sports coach.

It is important that you enjoy working with children as this is a big part of the au pair position. For candidates with a childcare background we often have positions with more responsibility and better pocket money.

Have 50+ hours of childcare experience with children not related to you, under age 12: eg babysitting, teaching, tutoring or coaching.

Be able to obtain at least 2 references on our forms to support this experience.

If you have 200+ hours experience with children under the age of two, you can be considered by families with children under the age of two, or may qualify as a ‘Premiere Au Pair’.